Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Last Ride

According to the doctor today is the last day I am 'allowed' to ride my bikes until after the baby is born! I can't make any guarantees -- but I surely won't be mountain biking again until I am a true biker momma.

We took advantage of the awesome Missouri fall weather for a low key mountain bike ride today. We went west of St. Louis to Weldon Spring Conservation Area for a beautiful 8.5 mile ride.

The baby enjoyed the ride bouncing along on top of my bladder and constricting my lungs when I leaned forward to power up a hill. It was a joyful last ride, although a bit humbling (15 extra pounds, a big belly, and out of shape legs)!


Rowdy loves to come along on bike rides! We are able to keep him off leash and he is such a good dog. He chased squirrels and birds, pointed 2 wild turkeys, swam across a stream, never wandred off, and kept up with us the whole way. He's right in front of me in the picture below.

No comments: