Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Preterm labor is the pits -- Part II

It happened again. Contractions that wouldn't stop! Ugh... I spent about 4 hours in the hospital in New Ulm, Minnesota yesterday to be evaluated. Fortunately the contractions weren't amounting to much in the way of "dilation" so they let me go home on some oral medication. If you recall from my pregnancy with Gabe I had a similar episode but it was earlier in the pregnancy so I was hospitalized: http://cpandp.blogspot.com/2006/12/preterm-labor-is-pits.html


Today I follow up with my local doctor and I imagine we'll have more of a plan what to expect over the next few weeks. He may adjust my medication somewhat which could be good because the current meds (terbutaline 5mg TID) make me feel pretty jittery and tachycardic.

Gabe is up visiting his grandparents in MN again so I am able to rest today and tomorrow. He was so excited to go to the farm again. I am certain he won't miss us at all!

No comments: