Friday, June 12, 2009

My flowers....

.... have been destroyed.

I only planted 8 petunias (hey it's hard for a lady with a huge belly to get down that low for some planting) but they were looking mighty fine! Then one day a few were outside of the pot but I was able to replant most of them. I blamed it on a squirrel or a rabbit because it wasn't totally destroyed.


Then this happened:

I have come to grips that MY DOGS did this. ARGHHH! I guess at some point we'll replant some flowers and maybe try to hide the dirt from the dogs (wood chips or something?) to take away the digging temptation. Oh well, they were pretty while they lasted!

1 comment:

Beth M. said...

My mom had a huge problem with chipmunks digging up her petunias planted in large pots. She put fist size rocks on the soil around the plants and then put plastic forks in the soil with the fork tines UP. No more chipmunk destruction of flowers. Yes, I know chipmunks are smaller critters than dogs, but it might work. The rocks and forks hurt their paws and they did not dig up the plants. Looks like you have plenty of good size rocks to try this out.