Thursday, September 02, 2010

PICNIC!

I had the bright idea to walk to the park in Dakota City last night and have a picnic with my boys. After was all said and done we had a good time, but there were some stressful moments! First of all there are no sidewalks to get there so we were on the blacktop with Gabe riding his bike and me pushing the stroller.... that was tense. THEN we got on the trail and about got eaten alive by mosquitoes.

Our time at the park was good! We ate, played on the playground, and threw rocks in the river.




Getting home went okay, except for the part where I had to push the stroller up the hill (big hill) while carrying the bike, yelling at Gabe, and swatting mosquitoes off all 3 of us! I'm sure anyone who saw us thought I was crazy.

Later I asked Gabe what his favorite part was and he said "eating" and then thought for a while and then said "I don't like it when you yell at me. Cause then I'm sad and I cry!" Oh well, next time I'll bring bug spray and an extra dose of patience!

No comments: