Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Cookie Attempt

I am not a cook. I like to bake. I wanted to make 'double chocolate espresso cookies' that were in our church cookbook.
  • The first sign of trouble was that I bought all the ingredients before I had Andrew (well not the eggs... you know what I mean) and just got around to it tonight.
  • The next sign of trouble came when there was no sugar listed in the ingredients but sugar was discussed in the instructions.
  • The 3rd sign came when it took 3 phone calls to find out how much sugar to use.... and I quote "well I put a whole basket of correction slips in the church office..." (obviously I don't have one or I wouldn't be calling you!).
  • The 4th sign of trouble came when beating the eggs and they didn't get "thick and lemon in color".
  • And the 5th sign came when I tried to take this batch off the cookie sheet...........
(yes that's a pile of undercooked cookies)

This is the second batch which was slightly better than the 1st (cooked 2 minutes longer)...
Overall the cookies taste pretty good but they were almost impossible to get off the cookie sheet (do I need nonstick? more grease?). I'm not sure I'll ever make them again.

No comments: