Sunday, September 13, 2009

In Memory....

Today the memorial garden and walking path were dedicated at the high school. Pastor Raether did most of the presentation and, as always, was fantastic.

Brooke was a member of our church and best friend of Gabe & Andrew's babysitter Sara. She died last year as a result of injuries from a car accident. She would be a junior this year.
BKD = Brooke Dreyer
JRR = Jordan Robinson - he would be a senior this year and passed away shortly after Brooke.
LDD = Lisa Darling - she would be a freshman this year - she passed away last spring - her dad is the superintendent of the Humboldt schools and her mom is a fellow pharmacist.

As part of the memorial garden you could purchase engraved bricks in memory of a child that died or as any kind of memorial you wanted. I decided to have 2 bricks made....

One in memory of the baby we lost....


and the other in memory of the baby my parents lost. Note his birth and death date -- it is the same day as Andrew's birthday. I think I would have given Andrew the same middle name (Lee) had I realized their birthday was the same.


My boys and I in the gazebo at the memorial garden. It was perfect weather for the dedication and everyone who had a brick engraved got a flower and bracelet that says 'Remembering our Angels'. They had a balloon release and Gabe thought that was great. He kept saying "let's go check on the balloons"!

I know this is a depressing post but it is so important to remember those who have gone before us and to never forget!

1 comment:

Jaros Family News said...

I don't find this post depressing... I found it thoughtful. In our day-to-day lives, we sometimes forget to appreciate the moments... seeing the dedication and memorial reminds us to slow down and appreciate these moments. Thanks for sharing Lindy!