Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Anti-Nester

If you know me well you know that I'm not big into housekeeping, organizing, arranging, etc. When I became pregnant I was real curious whether or not I would "nest". So far the answer has been a resounding NO! I'm getting things ready for the baby, but only because I have to. There's no compelling drive to clean, clean, clean or shop or anything of the sort! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy getting things ready for the baby but I wouldn't call it nesting.

The other night I washed up all the little tiny 0-3 month clothes and Aaron had to take a picture of me folding them and organizing them into piles to be put away. It felt good to get that done so I won't have to do it when I get home from the hospital.

We were thinking that maybe this little onsie would fit right now. I would estimate that the baby is probably about 6.5 or 7 pounds right now - but that's just a guess.

I put all the gifts from our baby shower on the bed in the baby's room. I received the motivation I needed to put it all away when I kept catching the cats sleeping in the white basket that McKenzie gave me. I wanted to get it organized before it became covered in cat fur and I would have to clean it before organizing! This is a picture of Sadie the first time I found her in it. I now have all the baby bath towels and wash cloths neatly rolled up and put away in the basket with no room left over for furry kitties!

My dogs were being so well behaved inside tonight. Rowdy is finally learning his household manners and is more trustworthy every day. They love to curl up in front of the fireplace until they are so hot and panting that they get up for water!

Rowdy loves to have a stuffed animal to chew on. He has been stealing stuffed animals out of the baby's room so we bought him his own pheasant last night at Target. He loves it - and he and Maci fight over it and steal it from each other.

Maci is a hard girl to get a good picture of. I was thrilled with this one tonight! Such a sweet girl - how could you not love that face?

And of course we all know that Rowdy is a beautiful dog as is evidenced by this photo.

No comments: