Sunday, January 29, 2012

Supper Tonight - Chili & Cinnamon Rolls


While I made supper the boys put together puzzles.  I think I heard "mommy, help me!" about a hundred times from Andrew.

I'm not sure if this is an "Iowa thing" or sort of a central mid-west thing but people around here always have chili and cinnamon rolls.  It's on the school lunch menus, fund-raisers serve it so I figured we needed to try it.

They look pretty excited to eat, don't they?

It was really good!  I just used those store bought cinnamon rolls in a tube (love them) and made my favorite chili using soy crumbles instead of beef (sorry Grandpa F.).  It is SO easy and SO good!  The boys had a few bites of the chili which was more than I expected so I was happy.  Gabe said if it didn't have "those green things" (chopped green chiles) he would like it more.  Andrew ate the top of his cinnamon roll... he gets that sweet tooth from me!  If you would like to try the chili (seriously it could not be easier) click here.

No comments: